- LocationEngineering Building 1 #123
- Cultivate specialized skills and knowledge required in the field of chemical engineering.
- Cultivate an ability to actively and creatively solve real problems in chemical engineering.
- Promote international sense and communication skills as an expert with engineering ethics.
The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in 1994 as the Department of Chemical Engineering. Chemical Engineering is a study that understands and interprets natural phenomenon based on chemistry, biology, physics, and mathematics, and applies them to related industries, thereby contributing to the development of society. Related industries are expanding to traditional refineries, petrochemicals, and fine chemicals, in addition to advanced future industries such as bio and pharmaceutical industries, new materials, semiconductors, displays, environment, and clean energy.
The role of chemical engineering experts will grow in the fourth industrial society. They will lead the response to climate change, reduction of fine dust, preparation for the hydrogen society, development of new materials, and biotechnology by cultivating an ability to solve the problems facing human society.
Career paths after graduation
- Refinery / petrochemical / polymer, bio / medicine, materials and semiconductor related industries
- Plant design, food / cosmetics and next-generation energy-related industries
- Technical position, researcher, technical sales, start-up, chemical engineering public servant, patent attorney, technical engineer, graduate school