- LocationEngineering Building 2 #108
Cultivate creativity and industrial application by systematically acquiring basic knowledge and theory of Food Science & Biotechnology.
- Promote problem-solving skills through education and practice of future-oriented core convergence technology.
- Cultivate talented people with a sense of ethics and responsibility to provide safe and healthy food.
- Cultivate global leaders who can demonstrate international sense and progressive leadership.
The Food Science & Biotechnology program provides industry-specific major theory and practical training by securing excellent research facilities and professors with field experience of 37 years since its 1982 establishment as a food-manufacturing department. Moreover, based on the search for bioactive substances in food with the knowledge of food engineering and biotechnology, the development of biomaterials, and theory of food properties, it actively conducts research and development on various processing technologies, biotechnology and new technologies for safe storage / distribution of food.
Career paths after graduation
- Food producer, food distributor, functional food company, bio-company, pharmaceutical company, food packaging company
- Government-funded research institute, government agency and food analysis organization (Korea Food Research Institute, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Rural Development Administration, Korea Health Industry Development Institute, National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service).
- Graduate school at home and abroad