- LocationEngineering Building 3 #219
- Cultivate creative comprehensive design ability based on expertise in civil engineering.
- Cultivate practical capabilities to identify problems and propose solutions in the field of civil engineering.
- Cultivate global competency with future-oriented spirit of challenge according to technological environment change.
Civil Engineering is a discipline that has grown with the development of civilization as the academic system was first established in the engineering field. It aims to contribute to national development and public welfare by exploring the knowledge required to plan, design, and maintain various social infrastructures which are mostly constructed from public capital in a safer, more economical, and more environment-friendly manner.
The traditional fields of civil engineering are planning, design, construction, and maintenance of various infrastructures such as road, bridge, high-rise structure, tunnel, railway and subway, airport, port and marine facility, dam, canal, hydroelectric power plant, tidal power plant, nuclear power plant and plant facility. However, the construction industry is also demanding the introduction of the Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies such as the use of big data and artificial intelligence (AI) in accordance with the changes in the construction environment and the trend of the times. Efforts are continuously being made to provide efficient management plan for old infrastructure, secure disaster response technology, and discover future construction technology.
The Department of Civil Engineering, Hankyung University, offers structural engineering, water engineering, geotechnical engineering, surveying, and GIS. It is striving to cultivate civil engineering engineers with creativity, comprehensive practical skills, and spirit of challenge, so that they can contribute to future civilization and national development by planning/designing safe and economic infrastructure.
Career paths after graduation
- Construction field: Hyundai E&C, Samsung C&T, Daelim Industrial, Daewoo E&C, GS E&C, Gyeryong Construction
- Public servant/Public enterprise: Central department and local government, Korea Expressway Corporation, Korea Water Resources Corporation, Korea Land and Housing Corporation, Land and Geospatial Informatrix Corporation, Gyeonggi City Corporation
- Design and construction supervision field: Hyundai Engineering, Samsung Engineering, Yushin, Dohwa Engineering, Saman
- Construction research field: Korea Institute of Construction Technology, Korea Railroad Research Institute